Irving Lundy started his restaurant in 1926.The first Lundy’s was across
the street from what is now the Lundy’s building,
on the pier where the family fish store used to be
Later, in 1934, Irving Lundy moved the restaurant to the corner of
Emmons Avenueand Ocean Avenue
Its fame did not stop growing and it was once billed
as America’s largest restaurant, seating up to 2,400,
Original Lundy closes down (late ‘70’s)
Several unsuccessful attempts are made to re-open,
the once famed restaurant .
May 2009 - Cherry Hill Gourmet Food market is open and quickly
becomes one of the most pristine gourmet stores in Brooklyn.